Monday, March 3, 2008

Started spring cleaning

Today is pretty wet and windy out, so I don't think we are going to do anymore power washing. I am debating about taking a load of scrap steel to the metal yard in Cassidy though. We've been cleaning the yard here at the house(or mom has). Cristina and I are rarely outside our yard here at the house(1/2 an acre) because we take the dogs up to the Lake to play(about 40 acres) and if we aren't doing that, we are at the farm with the rabbits, Harley, cats and cows. : )

Anyway, yesterday we tried out the new power washer at the farm! We got one 4 hole stacker completely power washed, vanodined, dishes vanodined(had done feeders already) and set back up with the rabbits back inside. Except, we switched some of the rabbits : )
A couple of the rabbits were those annoying ones (lol) that were constantly getting hair on the wire in spots, and you know how some rabbits are more prone to having their poop hang off the cage wire? Well 3 of those 4 rabbits had that problem and I was always wire brushing! So.. we switched that : ) We moved Ranger, Cowboy and kept Rock N Roll in that stacker(moved Ranger and Cowboy) into that stacker. And moved Ginger Rogers and her litter onto a solid bottom stacker(they used to be cavy stacker's(not our new ones but our 3 older stacker's) we replaced the trays a couple of years ago(Cristina did) and they are way too nice to get rid of. So, we use those for the Jerseys. They work great for them, and no hangy poops on the wire! :- )
Anyway Ginger Rogers, Munchkin and Too Hot 4 U all got moved into solid bottom cages. That leaves one empty hole in the 4 hole stacker we got power washed for someone else. Not sure who yet.

Sometime next week I will be shipping out 5 Jerseys so that will be good to get those guys moved out. I still have I think 4 empty cages but once these guys all go I will have lots more. We have about 10 holes empty in the barn right now. We are trying to keep holes cleared for all the jrs we have. We checked out the mini lop litters and their are some VERY nice babies in those litters! It looks like lots of keepers. 2nd Glance and Burke seem to click and it is a very nice litter thus far. They are just coming into the cute stage but I like posing early(lol)

Well I should decide what I am doing today.. I really should take that scrap metal.. It is just going to be one heck of a job(some of it weighs 200lbs a piece...)ugh... Since not working at Shar Kare I've lost some of my muscles... (lol) it is going to feel like 400lbs I'm sure. (No I can't pick up 200lbs by myself) Cristina will help with about 1/4 of that weight, and then a dolly and myself and we can heave it into the truck :- )

I will have quite a few Jerseys for sale at the April 5th show. If not seniors and juniors... I would love to move all those tan patterns and any selfs that are left out, and a couple of those does.. so I will probably make a bit of a better deal if someone wanted more then a couple....

No comments: