Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Show Juniors

I have a few nice babies coming up that I will be keeping back as show juniors. I am super picky, as most people already know, so of my 20 babies some of them are really nice but not colors I want to pursue, and others don't meet my criteria.

I do have 3 so far that are definite keepers...

Leapin' Foxy Lady X Leapin' Rock N Roll- Sable point Junior doe- awesome body! Posey's Hardly an Angel

Leapin' Rock N Roll X Leapin' Chantilly Lace- Blue cream ? Junior doe- awesome doe, if she is a blue cream not a showable color but I am keeping regardless for breeding! Will see! Posey's Escapade

And GC Jentle's Hero X Jentle's Tikki- Blue Junior buck- Posey's Built To Last

So far just those 3, but, I have more litters to go through. Leapin' Ginger Rogers X Leapin' Rock N Roll have 2 dark sable points, and a dark tort( I think 2 does, and a buck )
Jetta X Hero have 2 blues. I just rebred Secret Weapon to Munchkin for a rebreed Fantasy litter. I have 3-4 more does bred as well.. I need to breed a bunch more this week.
Maggie and Mara both had litters yesterday- Maggie had 6, but unfortunetly none made it (and she is proven not sure what happened?) and Mara had 3 Fetal Giants (also proven) Mom to Panache. If they don't sell I will rebreed both. I hope to have as many babies in the box next month as I do now, for animals to show in August/September. I doubt we will go to any shows in the US this year due to the cost of gas and feed, animal food, groceries etc. Someone was saying it is going up to $1.50 a litre up here this summer(around $1.15 right now)
The dog food is over $60 a bag and we are going through it easily every 2 1/2 weeks with 5 dogs ( but they don't do well on any other kinds ) I've been trying everything. Ben lost so much weight on another brand, and they don't like the other brands.. Cat food is almost $40 a bag now..
Sigh!!!

:- )

1 comment:

M an' M Rabbitry said...

That blue kit is super cute! That is a keeper in my book! For Sure! Can't wait to see all the new show buns that you will have at the next show. Hopefully I will see you before the end of summer! ^_^