Thursday, March 13, 2008

Posey's Built to Last



This is Hero's placement, a beautiful blue junior buck! Nicer ear then dad, but his dads awesome body and head as well : ) He is out of Jentle's Hero GC X Jentle's Tikki : )

I did some rebreeds today, trying to get a bunch of does bred to Hero and Rock N Roll before they leave. I decided to keep a few does for another litter, so I could breed them to just those 2 bucks for now. I do still have 4 animals available.. I am debating about keeping Snookums as well- I am so bad!

I have 4 animals available that would go very well as a group. GC RH's Tonka, Leapin Maggie May 1 leg (smoke pearl), Leapin' Mara (smoke pearl) and Leapin' Honky Tonk. All would be great in a marten (smoke pearl marten) project. I would like $200 for the 4, way lower then these animals are worth. But, I'm not working on martens!

I also checked some does that I bred a few weeks ago. And Confirmed are:

Leapin' Hot Flashez X Leapin' Snookums- expecting blue torts
Leapin' Fantasy X Leapin' Cowboy- expecting smoke pearl, sable point, blue point?
Leapin' Foxy Lady X Leapin' Cowboy- sable point and REW
Leapin' Miss Sierra X Leapin' Rock N Roll- sable points and torts
M an M's Sophia- (pointed white) X Jentle's Hero

Does bred today and yesterday:

Leapin' Panache X GC Jentle's Hero

Schultz's Secret Weapon X Leapin Munchkin (rebreed of Fantasy) she did not take last month.

All is well around here. We had 6 dogs in our care today ( I think I should send my dogs to people who can't keep dogs and get paid for lending my dogs out lol). On top of our 5 dogs( 1 farm dog (Harley) and 4 dogs here in Chemainus. Lucky our cousins dog was at the farm.. Lucky eats cats, we have 4 barn cats. So in the 2 1/2 hrs Lucky was at the farm (tied up) so we had complete control, she was a perfect angel and she loved playing with Harley again they lived together for 4 years. Anyway, in that time frame we barely got anything accomplished because we were worried that the cats would go out there and "try" to be friends.. They tried, but Lucky was just fine and we were right there. Our cats are too used to dogs, they don't know a good one from a bad one. That is the only scary part. But all was fine, and Lucky is back at her house now. And we are back down to just 5 ... JUST 5. Sarcastically murmurs!!

2 comments:

Jentlelops said...

Your blue baby is stunning!!! now I know to breed tikki and hero together ;)

I'm really happy to see ur picky... it's a great thing! (with only 12 holes I have no choice but to be picky )
I can't wait until san diego convention... Canadians are gonna clean up!!!

Sunny Brook Rabbitry said...

Thank you! Definetly do a rebreed! It is a VERY nice litter. I am going to keep the doe as well, the blue silver marten( but no eye circles) was unfortunetly a fader so I put him down. Could have been a peanut that lived as well as always much smaller then the other two. The doe isn't nearly as nice as Built to last, but lots of good points so I will keep her as moms replacement : )

Remember if you have any Siamese sables crop up let me know!!