Monday, February 25, 2008

Missed breedings

We had a great winter with breedings. While quite a few people were struggling for litters we were able to keep breeding and had about a 50-65% success rate. Well... Out of my 5 jerseys 4 are coming through. Maggie did not take again(I think she is a little too well fed and I need to put her on a bunny exercise program) she feels great though. Anyway, Panache and Jetta we are waiting on today. Mona Lisa is due next Saturday- she isn't due now, no way. She would have taken on the 2nd breeding date which is this coming Saturday the 31st so that is fine : )

We had 3 of the 4 Mini lop does miss though although most were by Show me the money who seems to be a very low sperm count buck(okay this is my blog and not mini lop blog so I'm just going to write it ) he seems to be a pitiful breeder!! We went through every single mini lop in the barn yesterday and I will let Cristina talk about that. We are have so few rabbits right now it is insane. We are culling really really hard, which is good but also means we have no rabbits left lol! Well about 32 mini lops and selling a few more bucks.... Again I will let Cristina talk about that- she does have as many babies in the boxes as she has seniors/older juniors.

We are going to hang up 4 of the Champagne cages today, and get barn things done- maybe a few more pictures? It is supposed to be the last nicest day of the week as it is supposed to pour rain until who knows when. So I think working outside sounds great today :- ) Who needs to do work anyway?! lol

Barn cleaning was yesterday so that was good

I am thinking about keeping some of the blue jersey babies because Hero is so nice that if one looks like him(I hope) I will keep something... I know how excited Jen is about getting him otherwise I may have held off and waited until I could do some linebreeding. I just don't want to work on selfs, otherwise he would have stayed. I will breed him to a few shades before he goes and hope he produces some gorgeous babies!

I will post on Jetta and Panache tonight with what they had!

No comments: