Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Getting lots accomplished

I'm pleased with how much we've gotten organized so far. We got our grooming table sign ready to go. We dug out our red rabbitry sign, and our white board. We cleaned the nestboxes for Amanda and Sarah(they'd been under the barn so had dirt on the bottom etc)

I got feeders on EVERY cage in the barn- finished those last few stackers. Actually that isn't true, I have ONE cage to finish but didn't worry about it (bottom stacker 4th cage down) because I have to buy a new door for that cage anyway so I never use it(the door got bent when we moved stackers) oops!

We cleaned our grooming table(the top) it had pieces of hay on it, and we finished the last bin of dishes!! 5 bins total we cleaned from various parts of the back of the barn. We got them cleaned, bleached and dried, and back into bins. We are taking 3 bins of things to sell at the show!!

I am now up to 14 JW babies!! The 4 older babies are doing well- chocolate sable point doe, sable point doe, chinchilla buck and a ? color doe.
Litter of 6 blacks, a dilute sable point in another litter, and a litter of 3 born yesterday- likely smoke pearl or sable marten or blue. A lot of these will be replacements this spring for the parents... Oh, other news. I am going to sell my agouti AND self programs. The selfs aren't my favorite, nor are the agoutis...

The pair of agoutis are ready now. I am keeping a really nice chin buck from the opal buck as his replacement. The chin will work in my smoke pearl marten project as well.

So Just Hoppin's Apollo and MBR's Chestnut senior doe are for sale. $100 for the pair. The chestnut doe is from Brian's and Ayer's lines in Ohio- and is originally from Valerie and Michelle Uptagrafft.

Leapin' Black Prince is available- Black senior buck $60

For now I am going to keep GC Jentle's Hero and get his really nice type into my other programs as much as I can through linebreed(pending color wise) and eventually he will be for sale.. Which is why I'm keeping Mikhala as well.

After litters:
MG's Jetta- Black Senior doe $40
Leapin' Mikhala- Black senior doe $50
Leapin Ginger Rogers- Blue tort senior doe $40
B-Mac's Canadian Mist- available after her litter of 5 is weaned $40
Jentle's Tikki- sable marten senior doe- hoping her litter of 3 is does as I have 2 sons already then she can move on. $50

So today we are powerwashing the 6 meat rabbit cages we need to hang, the stacker going to Amanda, and Wendy's big cage, and Kelly's 8 small cages we are giving her. Then everything will be done in that lower shed.

After that we will start tattoos.... The dreaded job!!

No comments: