Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lots to do before VIRBA

I think tomorrow(Thursday) I am going to spend at the farm. I have so much to do.

I want to get the lower barn cleaned out (it is full of storage and bins and gods know what else!) and get that all cleaned out. Once I have the cleaned out I want to clean all the feeders and dishes that were on the hanging cages that went to Kelly.

Then clean dishes for the carriers for next weekends show. Then get the carriers disinfected and ready to go, put clean shavings etc in them.

Make sure they all have dishes ready to go. Harley will enjoy the extra company I'm sure. He is such a sweet dog. Rotties sure get a bad name for themselves, he doesn't even fit the bill. He is 140lbs easily but he is a huge lap dog(or thinks he is). He has gone to the feedstore 2 times. Today he saw a Chihuaha(sp) he looked at it as if to say (what the heck is that thing?) and proceeded to try and steal the squeaky toy the owner was buying for her dog(lol) So convinced him to steal cookies instead so instead of taking one he stuck his whole head in the cookie bin and went hog wild. : - ) He just got laughed at by everyone. He is just too nice of a dog to get mad at. Well he did get yelled at yesterday when he tried to help Cristina bring a rabbit out of a cage. That didn't go over so well- "Harley try that again and you won't come back in the barn". He looked at us as if to say "How rude". lol

Anyway back on track. I also hope to hang 4 empty cages in the main barn, and put up the 2 pans- doubt that will be done tomorrow but would be nice. As this weekend we have to figure out entries and send those in. Then we have to start tattooing and getting all our signs ready to go, and figuring out sale animals if any. I also have to get nestboxes ready to go for Amanda and Sarah, Sarah's carrier, Sherri's carrier and hollands, Sylvia's Holland, and way more other rabbits to factor in that we have to make sure we have enough carriers for!

It should be a fun show. We are both really looking forward to it. I also want to take the dogs to the lake again tomorrow(we've missed the last 2 days). It is good exercise as well-- huge hills. Star, Luke and River run up the hills. Ben usually has to catch up to us about 10 mins later. By then he is barking going where the hell did you go lol!

Well... I should get to bed... I will write a blog tomorrow of what I did or didn't get done. I tried to get all this done yesterday... All I got done was rabbits and a few small things done, animal things and helping our grandma, our mom and talking on the phone, writing back to e-mails, cleaning house and setting up the next couple of weeks work. Not what I wanted!

No comments: