Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Some sale animals, litters, life in general

Life, as per normal around here is crazy. How could it not be with this many animals? Who in their right mind would have 5 dogs, 11 cats, 90 rabbits, goldfish and 5 cows? Well, I guess other rabbit people!!

We put a whole bunch of for sale animals up- check out the for sale page.

We are busy preparing for the show this weekend ( we are show secretaries). We are actually pretty organized, but, it is a lot of work. Today we had to go to the Cowichan Exhibition and get gate, bathroom, and show room keys. Then we had to drop off a sanction form for Cowichan Exhibition fair in September. Then we had pictures to take, rabbits to feed, visit with our grandma. Entries to work on etc etc. I mean life is nuts : )

Litters are doing fine. Unfortunetly for some reason the Champagne litter the babies keep coming out of the box. So we've lost 2 of the 5 : ( We just had the box made for us, and it is a deep big box, so there should be no reason for them coming out. I will rebreed the doe when the 3 remaining babies are 4 weeks, as a meat breed raising 3 babies is a little pathetic lol! (as long as she is in excellent flesh condition to rebreed, of course). Right now she feels excellent. She is a good eater. 2 cups a night or more, and babies are still in the box.(or supposed to be)

Jersey wooly litter is doing fine. Foxy Lady had 1 baby we fostered to Fantasy. Fantasy lost one of hers so is down to 5, is raising 6. All smoke pearls and blue points for all 6 babies.

We have some gorgeous mini lops that are now weaned. Can't wait to watch them develop! Lots of neat colors, we have lots of litters to keep an eye on over the next few months : ) Some nice show woolies too! Escapade, Built to last, and a blue jr doe.. I am selling Hardly an Angel... she is really nice and I may kick myself but I can only keep so many.

A few new pics of sale animals are on the website tonight. Being show secretaries we can do our own entries whenever, so we haven't figured ours out yet. I know I only have 2-3 Jerseys, and 1 Champagne to enter. Until we get the Mini lop club changed to both our names I won't be entering any mini lops(as I don't want to take sweeps under my name until we both have our names with the club!)

Otherwise nothing much else happening.. Super busy with all this show stuff, life, animals etc. I will try to start working on pics over the next week, after this show is over.

No comments: