Monday, April 14, 2008

A busy weekend



We had a very busy weekend. Friday we spent finishing up the show stuff, mailing all of it. Because we only had one vehicle until Saturday morning we had to take our mom to work at 3pm every day, and then head to the farm after that. Well, by the time we fed rabbits, had a quick visit with our grandma, and headed home it was already almost 6pm. Andrea was coming at 6 for dinner/visit for a few hours. We had a fun visit with her (as always) and she left at 10, we picked our mom up at 11.

Saturday morning we were up early to clean the barn. The day didn't go quite as planned. We got to the farm at about 10:30 because by the time we gave Luke his morning pills, and did a bunch of other things around here it was 10:30. We did get the barn cleaned though. Then, we head over to our grandmas about 1:00 for a sandwich and get a phone call that Luke has pulled 2 of his 3 staples out... So we rush home. Our vet isn't open on weekends so we either had to call them in for an emergency or wait until this morning. We decided to wait, as it is not infected and is nice and clean. He has an appt at 11:20. Plus we had to be in Nanaimo by 6pm and were rushing around like crazy as it was. Our mom and uncle made 5 trips to Duncan throughout the day Saturday for parts for the brakes for her car.

So anyway we ran home and did that. By then it was 2:30. We had to rush back to the farm, feed/water/hay rabbits, run back to the house to get ready as Saturday night was Andrea's surprise party at Kelseys in Nanaimo.

So we rush home.. Changed outfits about 8 times (at least for me), finally we were ready (okay I admit I was the slow one) at 5:00.. Then we had to run and get propane.. Well, the gas station was NUTTY busy, so we had to wait.. I think it was something like 5:20 before we even left Chemainus.

Now, you have to keep in mind with not having the car we had to use our farm truck. And when I say farm truck it really is. It does not have a working radio, the clutch is almost gone (I'm the only one that will drive it besides our dad who hates driving it so I am the sole operator 99.9% of the time when we have to use it), keep in mind the truck is almost 30 years old, and only has 4 gears (no 5 speed, no power etc). So... Starting out is slow, but painless (it really isn't that bad) and finally you can get it up to about 100-110km an hour. It could pull a house, but not win a race :- ) None of the dash pieces work (speedometer, battery, gas gauge), where the radio is supposed to be is a gigantic hole.... So anyway we made it at 5:55!! We had a great night visiting with everyone, got lots of pics and had a great dinner.

Sunday morning we headed to Ladysmith and Nanaimo, then to the farm and did pictures. Had someone return a Holland lop they bought as a pet 3 years ago (as they were moving). I felt so bad for the poor family, they I know are going to miss him so much. They sent his hutch and indoor cage, and bag of hay with him as well. He was very spoiled, if we don't find a suitable home for him we will keep him and they can come visit him whenever they like : )

I did manage to get a few pictures yesterday, and this week will be busy organizing shipments and transport next week. Kathy M is taking 5 Jerseys and 1 lionhead to the Alberta show for me(the lionhead is another breeders), for a buyer up there. Then there are 6 Jerseys flying to Ont hopefully on Sunday.

Secret Weapon had 3 kits by Munchkin, this is the same breeding as Fantasy! Just waiting on Panache now. I need to check due dates for all the other girls as well.

The for sale page is current, just a few left that we need to move out.

I decided to keep the tort jr doe I was going to sell. I figure I will grow her out and already she has a better body then dad, so I'm looking forward to watching her develop. Plus, I love the tort color! I think one of my favorites I've sold is Hardly an Angel- a chocolate sable point- what a fun color!

Well I better run. I have to take Luke in 25 mins and knowing him I probably have to find 6 tennis balls before we go.. ;)

No comments: