Thursday, April 17, 2008

Can you keep a secret?


I had to tell a white lie. That is my secret. Why did I have to tell a white lie? Well, I'll tell you!

So, after a year of sitting I decided to sell my pick up. A really cute 91 Chevy Sonoma(pic attached with all of Andrea's cages from moving her from our farm to Wally's last year). So we charged the battery on the truck, and started it. The truck sounds FINE! Totally fine.

Now, what I haven't told you yet is we took the truck in and had $4000 of work done on it a couple of years ago. Last April we took it in for a tune up and everything was GREAT! Last May we had to sit the truck because we thought their was a noise coming from the engine (they had just put a new used engine in the October before (6 months before), and the truck ran beautifully. As soon as we heard the noise we took it to Crofton Auto who said yes, there is definetly something up. No warranty.. 3 month warranty ONLY on used engines. So of course, CRAP( or well, more terms for that but I won't write those ;) Beginning of May we drove the truck to Monroe WA, all the way down to Toledo I belive it was called to get French lops from Lynn and Patrick Eden. Something like a 5 hour drive. NO PROBLEMS with the truck.

Anyway to make a long story short we sat the truck for almost the last year, and had to start it once last fall to move it, and again it ran great no problems no noises.

So, I decide you know what? Screw it. Sell it! Norm was going to give us the van to use anyway, as he is buying a pickup in a few weeks. So, we thought sell the truck, keep the van and all is well. Well, now that the dumb thing sounds great I will drive it/put insurance on it for 3 months (will only use it for up to a month as then I will sell it as soon as Norm get his pick up). And get the other 2 months of money back. So, I put an add before we started the truck, on one of the sites for $1500, put about the motor occasionally making a noise etc. I've now had 3 phone calls, and 6 e-mails about the truck.

WELL! Now we've decided to drive it for a few weeks, because if it isn't the motor and isn't expensive to fix I will take it in to the auto place and get them to fix it and get more for it.. Then we will sell the Van, and put the money from the p/u and the van for a Ford F150 that I REALLY want ;)
I'm done with Chevs!

Anyway, where does the secret come in? I had to tell everyone that phoned and on the site that due to a family emergency I wasn't able to sell the truck for 2-3 weeks. Now, part of this is true. I have one family emergency I can't talk about, and another my step sister has cervical cancer and just had surgery this week in Alberta. That is all true.

So in 2-3 weeks we should be down two vehicles, up one vehicle for Norm, and then hopefully by beginning of May up one vehicle for me!! : ) Oh.. I can't wait : )

On rabbit news now... I will either blog or Cristina will in 2 secs on one thing, but Panache finally 3 days late had 3 babies, one doa peanut, and 2 either blues or dark smoke pearls doing great! Maggie and Mara are due on Monday, Sierra and the 2 Champagnes and Sophia(didn't take I don't believe) next Wednesday.

Off to either write the other blog.. Or get my butt in gear to wash a truck... Then off to the barn... (our other blog is about the barn)

No comments: