Monday, January 28, 2008

Various color programs in my Jersey herd:

Blog for Tuesday January 29th NOT what is it showing as I already wrote a blog for todays date the 28th. See below for that one ; )

I've been figuring out my various color programs in the Jersey Herd.

Although I am going to try to keep my colors seperate so I can keep the colors clean I will be doing some crosses that are only okay color crosses. Reason being that the coats from Shultz's Secret Weapon and her daughter Fantasy are gorgeous and need to be put into the rest of the herd- they are full of texture and density and do not mat. They also have great legnth although not above 3inches(if over 3inches they will be DQ'ed). The sable points in my herd lack that nice coat so I am going to cross all of them together to get the better coats.

I'm hoping to bring stock in from Convention next October to help me with that!

Pointed Whites:
B-Mac's Canadian Mist-N-Cream- Bred
MG's Decoy- Bred
M' an M's Sophia
I need a good buck for this program! I am in contact with a breeder now trying to find a good buck : ) A siamese sable would work too but I can't find one. I only have one siamese sable in my entire herd!

Shades(Sable points, Siamese Smoke pearl, Siamese Sable(would work with pointed white), Blue tort, Tort,

Bucks:
Leapin' Butch- Sable point- REG
Leapin' Munchkin-Sable point-REG
Leapin' Rock N Roll- Tort
Leapin' Snookums- Blue tort REG
Leapin' Too Hot 4 U- Sable point
Leapin' Heza Smooth Cowboy- Sable point(blue point?)
Leapin' Ranger- Seal Jr buck- out of martens though.

Does:

Leapin' Chantilly Lace- Sable point REG- Bred
Leapin' Fantasy- Siamese Smoke pearl
Leapin' Ginger Rogers- Blue tort- Bred
Leapin' Hot Flashez- Blue tort REG- Bred
Leapin' Maggie Mae- Smoke pearl REG- Bred
Leapin' Mara- Smoke pearl REG- Bred
Leapin' Miss Sierra- Sable point
Leapin' Mona Lisa- Blue tort REG- Bred
Leapin' Panache- Smoke pearl- Bred
Schultz's Secret Weapon- Siamese Sable REG


Marten Program:
Bucks:
Leapin' Honky Tonk- Sable Marten
GC RH's Ronka- Smoke pearl Marten

Does:
Jentle's Tikki- Sable Marten- Bred

Self Program:

Bucks:
Jentle's Hero- Blue REG/GC
Leapin' Black Prince- Black- REG
Pharoh's Jet- Black- REG

Does:

Leapin' Foxy Lady- REW- probably for my shaded program though
Leapin' Mikhala- Black
MG's Jetta- Black- REG- Bred
Posey's Willow- Black
Posey's- Heidi- Black

Agouti program:

Bucks:
Just Hoppin's Apollo- Opal REG

Does:
MBR Look at this kid- Chestnut agouti- Bred
MG's Ironwood-Chinchilla- raising 5
If I continue with this program longterm I will need to bring in a couple more animals eventually.


Eventually I will likely eliminate either my self program or my agouti program as with all those programs I will run out of cage space quickly. My favorite colors are shades and pointed whites. Probably next being smoke pearl marten(not sable marten) and then I like blues better then blacks. Although I love Black Mini lops or Hollands, I don't care for them in the Jerseys. They are nice but just not my favorite. Whereas as Black Mini lop to me with that slick black coat is just gorgeous! So that is where my "color" programs are going.. I think the agouti program will go before the self, however I love my chin doe and can't see her leaving so I would put her into my other programs SOMEHOW! Maybe Ashley will have a few Jerseys for sale at VIRBA. Will see how funds and cage space are :- ) Of course, they would have to be somehow related to my lines(which she does have somewhat) and they would have to work color wise. I just got exciting news that there will be rarebreeds at VIRBA!- Beverans and Creme D'Argents and others!! Very exciting! : )



No comments: