Monday, October 15, 2007

My new herd

I am very excited about my new herd of Jersey's. I look forward to showing them and going to Convention in 09 with them as well. By next spring I will see how the herd is doing, and decide whether I need to bring anything in from the same line but with a certain trait or if overall it is strong enough to stand alone. I really like what I am seeing though!

We did breed one Jersey wooly doe already, a REW doe back to her dad.! Laura must really have liked bucks because we have lots and lots of boys! Really nice blue tort jr buck- he is looking gorgeous! Can't wait for the next shows.

We have a pointed white doe due tomorrow, looking forward to those babies. And a mini rex due on Thursday(red breeding!), as well as 2-3 mini lops I believe. Maybe more. Geesh, can't remember. We know everything is written on the calendar in the barn. Cassady and Kara are both due. I think Olive and Lorelai are next week.

I will bring home the JW pedigree book and write a blog tomorrow night on who all I got, including babies. It does look like we are going to lose one baby to the stress(enteritis) :( We gave her/him baby gas drops(I think a doe :( and the nicest of the 2 in the litter. About 4 weeks. And a siamese sable(double sigh!). Kaopectate, lots of hay and pedialite but I don't think the baby will make it. All others are doing fine. Some super cute ones out their! I know you are all dying to sell.. Will hopefully get pics this coming weekend. We somehow changed a setting on our camera.... We don't want to fiddle with it too much because it is under warranty and cost $2000... so... we may just send it in for Warranty and have to use the other digital which pics aren't nearly as good. Will see! Hopefully we can figure out what setting it is on, lol!

No comments: