Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Adding pedigrees, barn chores, etc

I'm really stuck on what to write about. I really need to figure that out ASAP. About the 20th of December through the 5th of January is going to be so nuts around here that I don't know we will get any blogs done. We leave the night of December 27th for Vancouver where we stay in a hotel which takes us to the airport the next day. Then from there we fly to Canmore Alberta(well Calgary first) but head to Canmore and Banff for 7 days!

I got a whole bunch of pedigrees added to Evan's software last night. I still have lots more to do but it is finally a start. Most the mini rex are now gone, the rest leaving next Thursday and then next Monday so I was able to move everything around and start organizing my VERY messy pedigree book!!

Yesterday I was able to get the lower barn cleaned(it is easy to do) for its weekly cleaning(well we try to do bi-weekly for both barns but with only 18 holes now in the lower barn we end up usually only getting to that barn once a week. Anyway, got it cleaned and all the pans thrown in the scrap metal bin. (the pans that came with the cages from Laura, but since I converted the lower barn into only one side having double layers I've ordered 3 pans like we use in the upper barn for that barn. And because a bunch of cages are empty down there right now, I was able to just keep a couple of pans for that side. So we only have 4 more pans to get rid of after this! Yeah! I really need to do cage pictures today for Leanne(incase she reads this)! it has been mucky and yesterday poured with rain.. today looks nice!

Well I hope to do more pedigrees tonight. I bought a computer game called Farm Frenzy. it is very fun to play BUT! It is addictive. Night before last I spent 4 hours playing the dumb game. I gave myself 30 mins last night and I think I won't play it tonight. Last night I did get a bunch of various things done around the house.. I really need to clean my bedroom too!! Yuck!

No comments: